JOIN THE 20TH ANNIVERSARY GIVING BRIGADE!
Just type the amount you’d like to give in the field below, and click “Make Donation” – your donation will be processed through artful.ly’s secure server.
Let’s put the arts at the center of Austin’s civic life.
We’ve been asked repeatedly what’s next? What new radical new amazing new thing will we do? How will we “re-brand” ourselves? We won’t. We think staying dedicated to collective art-making and creating original, live performance for the new canon is pretty fucking radical, so we’re sticking with it. And while we are doing this, we will also continue to create jobs for artists of all disciplines in Austin and to pay artists fair wages; to mentor and co-produce the work of emerging artists of all disciplines in Austin; to keep our programs, productions, and creative spaces affordable because economic status should not determine access to the arts; to manage a performing arts venue to keep our citizenry in the room together; and to establish sustainable practices for art-makers in Austin, TX. As Austin reels from its unprecedented growth, we also face the challenge of retaining our cultural character and uniqueness – the reason many people have chosen to make Austin their home in the first place.
By supporting Rude Mechs, you have the opportunity to help define the character of our city and make a significant impact on the cultural life of our community.
By the end of this 20th Anniversary Season, YOU will have helped Rude Mechs to:
- collaboratively create and produce 27 original full-length plays;
- tour 49 times around the US and abroad with nine of our productions;
- produce six plays written/created by other people;
- co-present shows by 23 solo-performance artists in our Throws Like a Girl series and Crossing Borders;
- co-produce 24 shows in our Rude Fusion and Second Stage series;
- host Black Arts Movement Festival for four years and Fusebox Festival for ten years;
- manage a multi-disciplinary arts and culture venue in the heart of East Austin, providing the most affordable rental rates in town for 17 years;
- serve as the venue for over 120 independent performances per year by local Austin theatre and dance companies and performers, with an annual audience total of roughly 16,000.
The reality is the arts cannot survive without support from individuals, local businesses and corporations. In this climate of growing enthusiasm but also stark economic realities, we invite you to make an investment in local arts and artists to help preserve and develop the character of Austin by joining our 20th Anniversary Giving Brigade.