10 EVENTS • 10 DISTRICTS • 10 MONTHS
Thank you! We raised $14,000 – $4K beyond our goal!
We are thrilled, overwhelmed, and filled with gratitude! And we are so excited to bring you 10 events in 10 districts in 10 months, read all about it – it’s happening right now!
Support the 21st Season of Rude Work.
crushAustin will focus on “the city” as a collective and as a collaborative structure. Austin has raised us, made us who we are, but now it needs some looking after, some care and attention as Austinites try to figure out what kind of city we want to be, what we value, and what our civic life should look like. When space is valued in dollars and cents, when the future is reduced to capital accrued, then our most important contribution as an arts organization is to provide alternative ways of engaging in the now.
The reality is the arts cannot survive without support from individuals, local businesses and corporations. In this climate of growing enthusiasm but also stark economic realities, we invite you to make an investment in local arts and artists to help preserve and develop the character of Austin by donating today!
In 20 years, Rude Mechs has:
- collaboratively created and produced 29 original full-length plays;
- toured 50 times around the US and abroad with nine of our productions;
- produced six plays written/created by other people;
- co-presented shows by 23 solo-performance artists in our Throws Like a Girl series and Crossing Borders;
- co-produced 24 shows in our Rude Fusion and Second Stage series;
- hosted Black Arts Movement Festival for four years and Fusebox Festival for ten years;
- managed a multi-disciplinary arts and culture venue in the heart of East Austin, providing the most affordable rental rates in town for 17 years;
- served as the venue for over 120 independent performances per year by local Austin theatre and dance companies and performers, with an annual audience total of roughly 16,000.
- New England Foundation for the Arts
- Creative Capital Foundation
- The Multi Arts Production (MAP) Fund
- The Doris Duke Charitable Foundation
- The Tony Randall Foundation
- American Theatre Wing
- Impact Austin
- Austin Community Foundation
- Meadows Foundation
- Mid-America Arts Alliance